Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Eye Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under direct supervision, tests and measures eye function to assist the Ophthalmologist in diagnosing and treating eye disorders and disease in a clinic setting.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of progressively responsible outpatient or medical office experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification; OR must be a graduate of an Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician program and be able to obtain the required certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.