Outpatient Clinical Site Director RN
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Within the framework of the objectives and policies established by Valleywise Health Administration, this position plans and coordinates clinical services with those of the medical and administrative systems. Responsible for creating and driving an exceptional service line that embodies Valleywise Health mission and values. In conjunction with key stakeholders, this position facilitates the development of a strategic plan for the services (exception, FQHC), implements the plan and markets the services. Develops processes through the continuum of care that support outcomes specific to patient flow, clinical outcomes, customer satisfaction and efficiency. This position is responsible for center management as it relates to safe care, policy adherence to regulations and patient care standards, financial outcomes consistent with center budgets and customer and employee satisfaction. This individual will be the face of the center to our community partners and be an active member of designed groups identified by the organization. This individual must be able to guide change process though leadership influence rather than authority.
- Requires a master’s degree in Nursing; or bachelor’s degree in Nursing and a Master’s degree in related field.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible clinical leadership experience operating a multiple specialty site with Surgical and Medicine Specialties, Dialysis, Primary Care, and Outpatient Surgery Center. In addition, experience with Emergency Services is preferred.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in a related management position in a healthcare setting.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN or compact license. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS and ACLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Other certifications may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated competence in service line management, streamlining and coordinating clinical services beyond traditional boundaries of discipline and department specific performance improvement including the integration of clinical, quality, and financial outcomes.
- Requires demonstrated experience in facilitating and implementing a strategic planning process with specific outcomes.
- Must have previously demonstrated experience in leading a successful change process with a multidisciplinary team that includes physicians and healthcare providers; and demonstrated knowledge of managing and meeting budget outcomes.
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resources to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment, adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, demonstrate excellent organizational, strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.