Painter 40 hrs week Schedule varies
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Maintenance - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Supervisor Maintenance, this position performs typical painter's duties to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing hospital environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience painting preferably in a in a hospital or institutional setting.
- Completion of a painting apprenticeship preferred.
- Must posses a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to perform all work in a timely, through manner to meet applicable code and safety regulations and to provide the highest quality customer satisfaction.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, trouble calls, work orders, purchase orders and related paperwork is required.