Patient Care Specialist FT Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Incident Decision Unit Flr 3 - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position supports a Primary Registered Nurse with tasks within your scope of practice/competency or comfort level in the IDU. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs tasks to support the needs of the unit by observing needs and taking action.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer acute care experience.
- Requires BLS.
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.