Patient Care Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Incident Decision Unit Flr 3 - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
We're on a mission to push the boundaries of health care and provide the most exceptional care to our communities. When you join the Valleywise Health family, you become a valuable part of our mission, vision and culture. We always strive to cultivate an atmosphere of excellence, and we're committed to ensuring innovation, education and respect. We can't wait to grow with you.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position supports a Primary Registered Nurse with tasks within your scope of practice/competency or comfort level in the IDU. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs tasks to support the needs of the unit by observing needs and taking action.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer acute care experience.
- Requires BLS.
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.