Patient Care Tech Burn Medical Surgical Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn Med Surg Adult - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director, this position provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs patient related tasks to include, direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures and other tasks as requested. The PCT will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician while documenting all interactions in patient’s medical record.
Education or equivalency
- Maintain Current enrollment in an Arizona Board of Nursing approved or accredited RN or LPN nursing program recognized by U.S. jurisdiction, in good standing who has complete their first clinical rotation or equivalent for non-traditional programs.
- Must successfully complete an approved Valleywise Health computer classes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.