Patient Care Tech Burn Medical Surgical Nights
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn Med Surg Adult - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director, this position provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs patient related tasks to include, direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures and other tasks as requested. The PCT will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician while documenting all interactions in patient’s medical record.
The Patient Care Tech role is the start of an exciting career path with a facility providing Quality Care for 140 Years. Valleywise offers exceptional career development opportunities in a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you are in your last year of Nursing School and looking forward to a Nursing career that makes a difference explore our Nurse Pathway Program.
The PCT role is the first tier for aspiring nursing students to advance in their Nursing careers, (you must currently be attending Nursing School to apply for the PCT position).
Then continue your growth in our Clinical Pathway, when you are in the last three months of Nursing School you can move into the Nurse Extern role, once you complete your Valleywise Nurse Externship you can move into our Graduate RN program which will give you the skills & qualifications to move into our Clinical Nurse position.
Join us for a firm foundation on which to grow your career.
Education or equivalency
- Maintain Current enrollment in an Arizona Board of Nursing approved or accredited RN or LPN nursing program recognized by U.S. jurisdiction, in good standing who has complete their first clinical rotation or equivalent for non-traditional programs.
- Must successfully complete an approved Valleywise Health computer classes.
Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $15.60 to $23.01