Patient Flow Administrator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Patient Logistics Center
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Director Clinical Operations, this position is responsible for house wide patient through-put with ultimate authority for bed placement. This position provides a high level of clinical assessment of patients by identifying and authorizing placement in the appropriate level of care. Coordinates and expedites admissions/transfers/discharges and implements solutions to eliminate delays and obstacles. Works in conjunction with physician and/or staff to prioritize admissions based on medical needs and to determine if the patient is a candidate for observation or inpatient status. Communicates with all departments as appropriate to maximize efficiency and expedite the admission process.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience as a registered nurse. Prefer experience and expertise in multiple areas of hospital specialty services (ex. Trauma, Burn, Med/Surg, Peds, Critical Care, etc.).
- Prior patient triage or high volume call center experience is preferred.
- Annual training on EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act) requirements.
- A current or temporary Arizona or other compact state RN licensure is required.
- Must have current ACLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to apply knowledge of nursing, patient conditions, and hospital conditions into admitting, transferring and monitoring functions.
- Must have strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills in order to communicate effectively with Valleywise Health staff, physicians, patients and patient families.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must understand the scope of services for each patient care department at Valleywise Health.
- Must have a working knowledge of InterQual criteria sets, insurance, and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of current nursing practice based on standards of care.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of productivity issues and budgetary constraints in patient care areas.
- Must be able to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Windows based software applications, primarily Excel and Word.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.