Patient Navigator - Master's Degree - Days - Peoria
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: FQHC American Rescue Fund
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager of Care Coordination, this position is responsible for intervening in Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) (conditions in the environment in which people are born, live, work, etc. that affect a wide range of health outcomes and risks) for patients at Valleywise Health and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC). This position utilizes professional judgment to act independently, within a multi-disciplinary care team.
- Requires a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other field related to behavioral health.
- Must have prior experience in behavioral health, or an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Prefer case management experience.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire.
- Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association within 30 days of position start date. Prefer licensure by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate in working with disadvantaged, underserved, and underrepresented communities.
- Working knowledge and experience in use of medical and mental health diagnoses preferred. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, psychiatric, medical and social problems, common medications and their effects/side effects and medical terminology.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited management direction.