Patient Referral Specialist_Internal Medicine
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Medicine Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the CHC Practice Manager, this position is responsible for handling prior authorization for incoming and external referrals to clinics outside of Valleywise Health.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year working directly with insurance providers or with patient referral processing related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior healthcare or clinic patient registration and/or scheduling experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are strongly preferred. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.