Patient Safety Program Manager
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Quality Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director/ Manager, this position provides leadership and expertise in continuous quality improvement, coordinates oversight of regulatory accreditation adherence, and facilitates patient safety improvement activities for areas within Valleywise Health.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or healthcare related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Master's degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible acute care clinical related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with patient safety, regulatory/ accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentation is highly desirable.
- Prefer experience with implementation/development of a Patient Safety Program.
- Must possess a current valid AZ RN license, temporary AZ RN license, valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice, or other AZ healthcare related licensure (ie, LPN).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of current principles, theories, and trends related to patient safety.
- Must have the ability to perform duties accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive team working relationships to promote positive change for patient safety initiatives.
- Must have the ability to analyze complex data.
- Must have the ability to prepare educational materials and facilitate training.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Requires knowledge of Excel spreadsheets & graphs, Word and Powerpoint.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (33A) $31.89 - $47.84