Patient Service Specialist (Pool)
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - South Central Phoenix
Department: VCHC Registration
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, this position registers patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts including the processing of paperwork for patient's appointments. This position obtains necessary verification of insurance and other eligibility programs. Ensures AHCCCS verifications are processed on every self-pay or unverifiable payer source. This position works with management and other staff to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires one to two (1-2) years general clerical, customer service, or medical experience preferably in a healthcare environment involving data reconciliation.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prefer knowledge and understanding of DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 30 words per minute accurately.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigative techniques in order to obtain information that may not be offered.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Critical thinking skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.