Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: General Financial Services
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Payroll Manager, this position oversees the payroll process and coordinates problem resolution between Human Resources and the Payroll department. Provides expertise and support to the Payroll Specialist and resolves more difficult complaints or issues that may arise
- Requires an Associate’s degree in Business or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have at least five (5) years of progressively responsible payroll experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience with specific emphasis on garnishment, levies and child support in a lead role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and Kronos Time & Attendance system.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.