Pediatric Injury Prevention RN Coordinator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Trauma Services - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Trauma Program Manager, this position oversees both the pediatric trauma care quality and efficient coordination of care from pre-hospital to rehabilitation/Trauma Clinic and the promotion of injury prevention in the communities served by Valleywise Health. Coordinates and provides trauma education and training to EMS personnel, rural emergency departments, and fire departments throughout the State of Arizona and nationally as appropriate. This position will also prepare and maintain the hospital for ACS verification and State designation as a Level 2 Pediatric Trauma Center.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Annual Salary Range: $76,835.00 - $113,339.00
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years hospital nursing experience, including three (3) years of experience with clinical expertise in the practice of Pediatric Trauma Nursing.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license, temporary AZ RN license, or valid compact RN licensure for the current state of practice.
- Must be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and be in good standing.
- Requires BLS, ACLS, PALS, ENPC, and TNCC or ATCN.
- PALS or ENPC instructor and ATCN or TNCC Instructor preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge and skill in professional nursing theory and practice, trauma care and trauma systems, principles of teaching and learning, and quality assurance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to be self-directed, and communication skills, both verbal and writing, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Familiarity with quality assurance/risk management programs and patient and staff education preferred.
- Must have a strong knowledge or pediatric trauma care and some Obstetric care knowledge preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal and Requires computer literacy in Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records.