Per Diem CNA
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Internal Resource Pool (IRP)
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Director, this position provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs patient related tasks to include, direct patient care, vital signs, daily ADLs, clinical procedures and other tasks as requested. The CNA will also communicate patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician while documenting all interactions in patient's medical record.
This is a night shift opportunity.
Hourly pay rate: $21.00
The night shift pay differential will be paid at 18% of the employee's base rate of pay. The weekend shift pay differential will be paid at 8% of the employee's base rate of pay.
- Prefers a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefers at least one (1) year of relevant nursing assistant or healthcare related experience.
- Must successfully complete approved Valleywise Health computer classes.
- Requires licensure through the AZ Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) OR Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Requires BLS and ACLS cards obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is required upon hire.
- Additional certifications may be required to work in specialty areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.