Performance Excellence Project Coordinator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Performance Excellence Center
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Performance Excellence Administrator, the Project Coordinator will assist the Performance Excellence Department in coordination of projects and initiatives. The position will be responsible for scheduling, presentation preparation, and progress reporting of projects and initiatives. The Project Coordinator will assist in the development and coordination of performance excellence standardized templates, along with the creation of workflows. Other duties include working with Performance Excellence Department to communicate and manage the coordination and progress of 100 day workout sessions, Lean Six Sigma training and the projects associated with the training, provide updates and reports for management on project and initiatives, analyze, coordinate, gather data and information for the Performance Excellence Administrator to complete Operational Dashboards, and assist the Performance Excellence Administrator in planning activities and daily administration to assure contract deliverables and other work are produced timely and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires experience in project management that includes analyst work and a strong foundation in design, analysis, and evaluation, and demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prefer experience within a healthcare setting.
- Certification as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt or equivalent project management certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of analytical methods, procedures, and practices; including knowledge of project planning and management procedures, practices, and techniques.
- Requires knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Experience conducting reviews, assessing the quality of deliverables, and creating project documentation.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing Microsoft Office software for word processing, diagramming, presentation, email and spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collect and analyze complex data.
- Ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary operations within the program.
- Ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Ability to prepare and conduct effective presentations.
- Ability to coordinate project activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.