Pharmacy Technician I_Outpatient - 40 hrs. wk. Evenings
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Retail Pharmacy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, the level one technician routinely assists the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications. They serve as a liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of information and pharmaceutical products to the customer. May perform duties such as typing prescriptions, completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing devices, inputting computer data, and providing all aspects of customer service that are required to provide Pharmacy Department services.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of accredited pharmacy technician program is preferred but not required.
- Prefer one (1) year of pharmacy experience in a retail or hospital environment.
- Must possess CPhT Certification and be licensed by the AZ State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and medication terminology.
- Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly pharmacy system software, such as Pyxis.
- Training in compounding intravenous medication and sterile products preparation is preferred.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication, and organizational and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.