Pharmacy Technician II - Inpatient - 40 hrs Varied
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Pharmacy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, the level two technician routinely assists the pharmacists in preparation and distribution of medications focusing on sterile compounding, while maintaining the medication inventory and related records. They serve as department liaison and are involved in the appropriate and timely delivery of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy related products. May perform duties such as completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing system equipment, data entry while providing all aspects of customer service that are required to provide Pharmacy Department Services.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of accredited pharmacy technician program is preferred but not required.
- Requires at least two (2) years of pharmacy experience in a hospital setting that includes one (1) year of sterile compounding experience in a USP 797 compliant clean room.
- Requires USP 797 Sterile Compounding Training certificate or on the job training.
- Must possess CPhT certification and be licensed by the AZ State Board of Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and medication terminology.
- Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly pharmacy system software.
- Requires training in automated dispensing systems, compounding intravenous medications and sterile preparations.
- Must have a basic understanding of hospital pharmacy drug distribution systems including unit dose, IV additives, and floor stock distribution methods.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $18.97 to $27.98