Pharmacy Technician Inpatient FT Varied
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Pharmacy - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, the level one technician routinely assists the pharmacists in preparation and distribution of medications, while maintaining the medication inventory and related records. They serve as department liaison and are involved in the appropriate and timely delivery of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy related products. May perform duties such as completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing system equipment, data entry while providing all aspects of customer service that are required to provide Pharmacy Department Services.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of accredited pharmacy technician program is preferred but not required.
- Prefer one (1) year of pharmacy experience with an emphasis in a hospital setting.
- Must possess CPhT Certification issued and be licensed by the AZ State Board of Pharmacy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and medication terminology.
- Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly pharmacy system software.
- Training in automated dispensing systems, compounding intravenous medications and sterile preparations is preferred.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.