Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - South Phoenix Laveen
Department: Retail Pharmacy â" South Phoenix Laveen
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor, the level one technician routinely assists the pharmacist in preparing, filling, and delivering medications. They serve as a liaison to assist in the appropriate and timely delivery of information and pharmaceutical products to the customer. May perform duties such as typing prescriptions, completing reports, operating and maintaining automated dispensing devices, inputting computer data, and providing all aspects of customer service required to provide Pharmacy Department services.
Hourly Pay Rate: $17.54 - $25.87
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician program is required.
- Prefer one (1) year of pharmacy experience in a retail or hospital environment.
- Must possess CPhT Certification and be licensed by the AZ State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of mathematical calculations and medication terminology.
- Must know computer software, particularly pharmacy system software, such as Pyxis.
- Requires Training in compounding intravenous medication and sterile product preparation.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.