Physical Therapist Aide
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Physical Therapy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor Rehab, this position performs designated routine tasks related to the operation of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This position will assist with patient-related activities which are predetermined for each patient and assigned by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Therapist Assistant, or Speech Language Pathologist. This position will help the therapists or assistants to motivate, safeguard and assist patients with therapeutic exercises and modalities, and will perform general and support duties as necessary.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of zero to one (0-1) year of experience preferably in a rehabilitation setting.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and staff members.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.