Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Maintenance - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under limited direction from the Supervisor Power Plant, this position plans and performs preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on plumbing systems.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of journeyman plumbing progressively responsible experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a commercial, industrial or hospital setting.
- Completion of plumbing apprenticeship preferred.
- Uniform Plumbing Code certificate of training preferred.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Licensed as a journeyman plumber preferred.
- Backflow preventer testing certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of fire protection codes, plumbing and other building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Experience with all types of plumbing installations, gas system piping, urinal/closet repair, chiller/boiler piping, waste water system required.