Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Maintenance - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under limited direction from the Supervisor Power Plant, this position plans and performs preventive maintenance and emergency repairs on plumbing systems.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of journeyman plumbing progressively responsible experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a commercial, industrial or hospital setting.
- Completion of plumbing apprenticeship preferred.
- Uniform Plumbing Code certificate of training preferred.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
- Licensed as a journeyman plumber preferred.
- Backflow preventer testing certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Creativity, initiative and independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of fire protection codes, plumbing and other building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow directions in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Experience with all types of plumbing installations, gas system piping, urinal/closet repair, chiller/boiler piping, waste water system required.