Practical Radiologic Tech - Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Diagnostic - Roosevelt
Schedule: Grant PT 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a radiologist, department leadership, or radiologic technologist, performs limited radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis. Must possess, utilize, and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety. Capture images, obtain the quality image and ensures the patient is safe and comfortable.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires completed certificate and/or program in Limited Scope Radiography.
- Minimum experience zero to six (0 -6) months. Prefer six to twelve (6-12) months radiology experience unless they have completed their clinical experience at Valleywise Health.
- Requires CPTR (Certified Practical Technologist in Radiology) from the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT).
- Requires BLS through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly Rate: $28.70