PrEP Linkage Navigator
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: Grants - Primary Care HIV Prevention
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the HIV Care Continuum Manager, the PrEP Linkage Navigator is responsible for enrolling patients in HIV prevention services including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). The Navigator provides intensive care coordination, support and services to HIV Negative individuals with are at high risk of contracting HIV and/or who have barriers to accessing and adhering to PrEP care. The navigator represents McDowell Community Health Center in community planning groups, community outreach, advisory boards, and committees.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Social Work, Counseling or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience conducting outreach to vulnerable populations with the aim of improving health outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience and specific training working with people living with HIV/AIDS or persons on PrEP.
- Must be organized, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant activities.
- Must have proficient computer skills in software for word processing, PowerPoint, and financial spreadsheets.
- Must be able to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects.
- Requires ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (24A) $20.55 - $30.83