Program Coordinator Grants HIV Rebate Funds
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: Grants - ADHS HIV Rebate Funds
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
The Program Coordinator oversees the Ryan White Speaker’s Bureau, specifically working with people living with HIV/AIDS to coordinate community speaking engagements to decrease HIV stigma around Maricopa County. Ideal candidates have either lived experience or extensive work experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS. This role is responsible for recruiting new participants, identifying and scheduling training for speakers, and coordinating requests by the community for speaking engagements by the speakers (which may include schools, community organizations, health centers, etc). This is currently a remote position, but the program coordinator will be required to attend all speaking engagements which may occur virtually, outside normal business hours, and eventually in-person.
Under the direction of the Sr. Grants Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating various grant projects and department activities, including organizing and monitoring non-clinical operations of the designated grant(s). Responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data, managing records, invoicing, and operating relevant management information systems. The Program Coordinator will assist with monitoring compliance with the grant(s), once awarded and amended.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Business Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible administration or grant management related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of grant application, implementation, and administration processes.
- Must be organized, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant activities.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Must be able to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects.
- Requires ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.