Project Manager- FQHC
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the SR VP Ambulatory Services, the Project Manager directs and manages project development and support for outpatient services at Valleywise Health Ambulatory Care Services. This position develops full-scale project plans; financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. In general this position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects ensuring consistency with Valleywise Health strategy, commitments and goals in hospital based clinics.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Healthcare Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience. Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible project management experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer Lean Six Sigma training.
- Prefer working knowledge of HRSA FQHC compliance guidelines and reporting requirements.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other related certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools required.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet department objectives and deadlines consistently.
- Must be self-directed and display sound judgment.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to establish and cultivate constructive client relationships.
- Requires the ability to navigate and develop effective working relationships within a large, matrixed organization.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, work independently, and collaborate with team members.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.