Quality Assurance Analyst
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Quality Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Quality Management Manager and/or Director this position provides leadership and expertise in continuous quality improvement, coordinates oversight of regulatory and accreditation adherence, facilitates improvement activities for areas within Maricopa Special Health Care District.
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field and either an RN license in state worked, OR a clinical background with current license/certification; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years acute care clinical experience. A Master's degree with substitute for 2 years of required experience.
- Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of current principles, theories, and trends related to quality management.
- Must have the ability to perform duties accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive team working relationships to promote positive change and quality improvement initiatives.
- Must have the ability to prepare educational materials and facilitate training.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires strong knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Requires knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.