Radiologic Technologist - Days Part Time 24 hrs.
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Diagnostic - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a radiologist or Supervisor, performs variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Performs and is responsible for work performed and submitted. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis. Must possess, utilize and maintain knowledge of radiation protection and safety. Capture images, obtain the quality image and ensures the patient is safe and comfortable.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Radiography.
- Prefer six to twelve (6-12) months radiology experience.
- Requires RT(R) certification with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or equivalent.
- Must be licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $27.00 to $39.83