Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Recreational Therapy
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This facility offers care for those who have been hospitalized for mental health struggles and creates a safe space for healing, empowerment and recovery to take place. Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Therapy Manager, the Recreation Therapist completes recreation therapy intake assessments and documentation, developing and implementing therapeutic groups, maintaining weekly documentation, planning programs and special events, actively participating in department staff meetings and coordinating agency wide events.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible experience assisting with recreation activities for physically, mentally or socially disabled patients in a psychiatric setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior experience as a Recreation Therapy Assistant.
- Requires certification as a Recreational Therapist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation (NCTRC).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a general knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate interventions.
- Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills.
- Requires the ability to be creative and flexible with groups.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.