Recreation Therapy Assistant
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Recreational Therapy
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of Manager Recreation Therapy this position participates in completing recreation therapy intake assessments and documentation, developing and implementing therapeutic groups, maintaining weekly documentation, planning programs and special events, actively participating in department staff meetings, and coordinating agency wide events.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible recreation assisting activities for physically, mentally or socially disabled patients in a psychiatric setting experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience as a Recreation Therapy Assistant or Behavioral Health Tech.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a general knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate interventions.
- Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills.
- Requires the ability to be creative and flexible with groups.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: (18A) $15.34 - $23.01