Recreation Therapy Assistant
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Recreational Therapy
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of $5,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Once you join our Recreation Therapy Department, you will be a vital member / partner of an Interdisciplinary Team which includes Recreation Therapy Professionals, nursing, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, psychotherapists, and behavioral health technicians. Our goal is to provide exceptional care, to every patient, every time. We are seeking talented and passionate Recreation Therapy Professionals to join our Valleywise Health Team where we strive to ensure innovative, creative, and educational therapeutic wellness programming for our patients. We are committed to creating an environment of excellence. Under the direct supervision of the Recreation Therapy Manager, you will utilize your talents and skills in providing patient care which includes performing daily functions of completing assessments, consults, and providing therapeutic programming to meet our patients needs/ goals/ plan of care. Therapeutic programming is planned, implemented, and evaluated on a regular basis. Functions also include daily documentation, collaborating and communicating with team members, attending and being an active participant in interdisciplinary meetings, actively participating in department staff meetings, and coordinating special events for patients, staff as well as agency wide events.
Salary Range: $15.60 - $23.01
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or
- An equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible recreation assisting activities for physically, mentally or socially disabled patients in a psychiatric setting experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience as a Recreation Therapy Assistant or Behavioral Health Tech.
- Requires BLS.
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a general knowledge of medical diagnoses and appropriate interventions.
- Must have strong teamwork, communication, and effective time management skills.
- Requires the ability to be creative and flexible with groups.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32 and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
- May be required to work overtime and at varied locations.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $15.60 - $23.01
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $15.60 to $23.01/hour
$15.60 - $23.01
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39327