Registered Nurse (Float)
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Internal Resource Pool (IRP)
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager, the Internal Resource Pool Registered Nurse floats between at least two departments within two different service lines providing professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least two (2) years of acute care RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Additional certification(s) as listed below will be required to float to departments:
- Antepartum Testing Center - Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Burn - Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 12 months
- Critical Care - Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months
- ED - Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATNC or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
- Family Health Centers (FHC) - ACLS, NRP, PALS, Chemo-certified, triage certification, CCRN and/or RNC certifications are strongly preferred.
- L&D - ACLS & NRP must be completed within 6 months. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
- Medical Imaging - ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months
- NICU - NRP required within 6 months
- OR - CNOR certification is preferred
- PACU - Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and TNCC must be obtained within 12 months
- Peds - PALS certification is required within 6 months
- Peds ED - PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months
- Post Partum - NRP is required within 6 month of hire; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred; ACLS and/or PALS may be required depending on area of specialty
- PreOp - ACLS or PALS required
- SICU - ACLS, NRP, PALS, ATN, TNCC or other certifications may be required
Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to meet the conditions as stated in the employment agreement.
- Must be able to float to at least two (2) departments within two (2) different service lines for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.