Registered Nurse (Float)
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Internal Resource Pool (IRP)
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager, the Internal Resource Pool Registered Nurse floats between at least two departments within two different service lines providing professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least two (2) years of acute care RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires a BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center.
- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification upon Hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to meet the conditions as stated in the employment agreement.
- Must be able to float to at least two (2) departments within two (2) different service lines for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Salary Range: Flat Rate- $51.00