Registered Nurse GI Clinic
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: CHC GI Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to patient assessment, medication administration, identifying nursing problems, and plans of care. Provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies, functions as a client advocate and educator, completes and processes all required documentation, indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed, and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Range: $32.84 - $48.44
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must successfully complete the Valleywise Health New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license, temporary AZ RN license, or valid compact RN licensure for the current state of practice.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires a BLS card obtained through the American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- CPI certification and BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to BH departments,
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety and submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within ninety (90) days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g., formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.