Registered Nurse Pool Wound Ostomy Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Wound Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
Quality Care for Over 140 Years. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Valleywise career.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing. In addition the following experience will be required for the following Departments:
- Cardiac Cath Lab- Must have one to two (1-2) years recent clinical cath lab experience.
- Trauma/ED- Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
- APCU/Step Down- Must ACLS upon hire.
- Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification required within 12 months
- Burn Med Surg- Must have ACLS upon hire.
- Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
- ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
- ENDO- ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
- Heme/Oncology Clinic- Chemo Certification required within 6 months
- L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
- McDowell Clinic- HIV certification required within 6 months
- Medical Imaging- ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Medical/Surgical - Must have ACLS upon hire; For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
- MICU and SICU- Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or transfer. For SICU area ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
- NICU- NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Nursing Float- Must have ACLS upon hire.
- Nursing IRP- Must have ACLS upon hire.
- OR- CNOR certification is preferred
- PACU- Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months.
- Peds- PALS, NRP certification is required within 6 months; CPN certification is preferred
- Peds ED- PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months; CPEN certification is preferred
- PICU- PALS certification within 6 months; ACLS or NRP within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC must be obtained within 12 months; ACLS, PCCRN or CCRN certification is preferred
- Post Partum- NRP is required within 6 month of hire or transfer; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred.
- PreOp- ACLS or PALS required
- Ambulatory Clinics/Desert Vista - Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Salary Range: Pool Rate (ARNP) $46.30