Registered Nurse Psychiatric
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Unit 8 - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of $30,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Join us in shaping the future of health care.
The work is rewarding as we see measurable improvement in our patients. From the time of admission, when they are experiencing a mental health crisis, through stabilization, and ultimately as they enter the outpatient continuum of care, we continue to support their journey toward health, wellness, and recovery. Psychiatric nurses are strong patient advocates ensuring patients are treated with dignity and respect and that they receive care in a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment.
We provide holistic care in a stigma-free environment to patients who have a full array of psychiatric disorders. Working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team fosters a healthy, cooperative environment for patients and coworkers, which is rewarding and fulfilling. Nurses love the collaborative interdisciplinary approach, teamwork, and structure a robust therapeutic program provides. The Psychiatric RN provides direct supervision to Mental Health Workers, Behavioral Health Technicians, and Health Unit Coordinators and plays a significant role in training future nurses.
As an academic medical center and part of the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance, teaching is one of our passions, and we support many staff on their educational journey. This includes psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, and nurse practitioners. We are very pleased to offer many opportunities for career advancement. Working alongside students and resident physicians provides a unique and mutually fulfilling learning environment.
Valleywise Behavioral Health Center has inpatient facilities in Mesa, Phoenix, and Maryvale, and is one of the largest providers of inpatient behavioral health services in Arizona. We serve adolescent and adult populations. The adolescent unit is located in Mesa with a 14-bed unit specializing in caring for patients between the ages of 13 to 17. We have a large medical staff of psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners, with dedicated physician leadership at each of our inpatient facilities.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly Pay Rate: $32.84 - $48.44
This is a night shift opportunity. The night shift pay differential will be paid at 18% of the employee's base rate of pay.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
Previous acute care hospital experience in the department applying for is preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- Must be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- CPI certification and BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to BH departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.