Registered Nurse (RN) Labor and Delivery
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Labor & Delivery - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $34.15 to $50.37
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at Valleywise Health then must have at least one year of Valleywise Health experience as a RN and be in good standing.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires a BLS card obtained through American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- CPI certification and BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to BH departments,
- In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
- L&D: ACLS & NRP required within six (6) months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within six (6) months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than two (2) years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every two (2) years through an approved course.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $34.15 to $50.37/hour
$34.15 to $50.37
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38208