Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical Oncology Ortho - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must successfully complete the Valleywise Health New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous acute care hospital experience in the area for which he or she is applying for is preferred.
- In addition the following experience will be required for the following departments:
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Additional certification or continuing education may be required upon acceptance into the position based on area of practice:
- Medical / Surgical (4th and 6th Floors)- For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $32.84 to $48.44
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $32.84 to $48.44/hour
$32.84 - $48.44
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38477