Registered Nurse RN Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem - Varied Hours
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), an Advanced Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to MIHS policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. In addition, an Advanced Clinical Nurse promotes and demonstrates advancement in professional practice through additional activities such as quality improvement and leadership.
Requires a Bachelor's or higher in Nursing. Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care hospital RN experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities; or if completed the New Grad RN program at MIHS then must have at least one year of MIHS experience as a RN and be in good standing. In addition the following experience will be required for the following Departments:
Cardiac Cath Lab: Must have one to two (1-2) years recent clinical cath lab experience.
Trauma/ED: Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing. Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association. In addition, certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice:
· APCU/Step Down- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer
· Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
· Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification required within 12 months
· Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
· ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
· ENDO - ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
· Heme/Oncology Clinic- Chemo Certification required within 6 months
· L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must. Bilingual is preferred. Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills. Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.