Registered Nurse Wound/Ostomy Days, Per Diem
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Wound & Diabetes Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
The Ostomy/Wound RN develops and implements plans of care for patients with stomas, wounds and pressure ulcers. The Ostomy/Wound RN prepares and conducts preoperative and postoperative instructional sessions for patients and families, provides advice and counseling to patients and confers with physicians and nurses on enterostomal/wound treatments and procedures. The Ostomy/Wound RN possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The Ostomy/Wound RN is expected to practice autonomously, utilizing evidenced based practices. Care provided reflects support of the mission, vision and values of Valleywise Health and the philosophy of the Division of Nursing and reflects the nurses' primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and/or community.
Per Diem Rate; $44.95 an hour.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years nursing experience in the area of Ostomy/Wound care.
- Must have a current, valid Arizona RN license, or compact RN license, or Nurse Practitioner license.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- WOCN certification is required within the first twelve (12) months of employment in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate effective problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to remain calm and customer focused during stressful situations.
- Requires computer literacy, facilitation skills, ability to handle multiple complex projects, excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, leadership skills, critical thinking, SBAR communication model.
- Must demonstrate compliance of Valleywise Health policies and procedures, standards of care, and documentation in practice.
- Must be able to model professional behavior as evidenced by adherence to attendance.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual skills helpful.