Registered Respiratory Therapist Full Time Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Services Medical Director, Department Director and/or Manager, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures. Must have a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to set-up, operate, and administer all types of respiratory care procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness, and includes extensive competency in the use of advanced mechanical ventilation techniques.
- Requires graduation from a two (2) year A.M.A. approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Prefer six (6) months recent work experience.
- Must be registered (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed (or temporary license) by the Arizona Board of Respiratory Care Examiners.
- Requires BLS or ACLS. A card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Prefer certification in PALS and NALS.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Knowledge of additional languages is preferred.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have ability to plan, modify and coordinate respiratory care and treatments.
- Must be able to administer therapeutic agents and treatments, observe patients and determine effects of treatments, and instruct patients and families in home care.