Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT) Full Time Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Services Medical Director, Department Director and/or Manager, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures. Must have a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to set-up up, operate, and administer all types of respiratory care procedures in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and illness, and includes extensive competency in the use of advanced mechanical ventilation techniques.
- Requires graduation from a two (2) year A.M.A. approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Prefer six (6) months recent work experience.
- Must be registered (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed (or temporary license) by the Arizona Board of Respiratory Care Examiners.
- Requires BLS or ACLS. A card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Prefer certification in PALS and NALS.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Knowledge of additional languages is preferred.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have ability to plan, modify and coordinate respiratory care and treatments.
- Must be able to administer therapeutic agents and treatments, observe patients and determine effects of treatments, and instruct patients and families in home care.