Registration Specialist Full Time Varied
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the LIS Supervisor, this position performs data input for the registration of patients and verifies insurance eligibility. Performs all daily tasks including registration, charge/credit reconciliation, and all other lab support duties.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Clinical experience, working with LIS systems as well as insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Must have strong computer application skills working with different laboratory software/programs.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid program.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.