Registration Specialist Per Diem Varied
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - Chandler
Department: VCHC Registration
Schedule: Per Diem 16 Hour Per Week
Under the direction of the Registration Manager this position will complete the registration process accurately and in a timely manner with the EHR. Initiates and completes authorization requirements. Initiates potential funding sources for the uninsured population. This position works with management and multiple staff to identify and resolve any issue that may impact revenue and reimbursement to Valleywise Health.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one (1) year of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid program.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.