Registration Specialist (Pool)
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Registration
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
Under direction of the Registration Manager this position registers patients while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts. Obtains necessary verification of insurance and other eligibility programs, ensures AHCCCS applications are processed on every self pay or unverifiable payer source. This position works with management and other staff to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one (1) year of interviewing/investigative experience in obtaining confidential information.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience highly desirable.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires basic math, data entry, 10-key, and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute is desired.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigation techniques.
- Creativity, initiative, independent thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid program.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.