Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Registration - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Patient Registration Manager, this position will complete the registration process while ensuring accurate and timely processing of all accounts including the processing of paperwork for patient’s appointments. Initiates and completes authorization requirements. Initiates potential funding sources for the uninsured population. This position obtains necessary verification of insurance and other eligibility programs. Ensures AHCCCS verifications are processed on every self-pay or unverifiable payer source. This position works with management and other staff to identify and resolve any issues that may impact billing and reimbursement to the organization.
Education or equivalency:
- Required a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Requires one to two (1-2) years general clerical, customer service, or medical experience preferably in a healthcare environment involving data reconciliation.
- Insurance verification and Medicaid eligibility experience highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to float to various facilities and locations across the valley.
- Prefer knowledge and understanding of DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 30 words per minute accurately.
- Basic Math Skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigative techniques in order to obtain information that may not be offered.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Critical thinking skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual preferred.