Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Risk Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Risk Operations Manager, the Risk Specialist performs detailed analytical and technical work related to the timely and thorough review for all activities and functions related to claims and insurance regarding Valleywise Health. Manages promptly, collaborating with department managers and directors, staff and providers to resolve claims. Handles the administration of all workers compensation claims with third party administrators (TPA).
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer a Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field.
- Requires two (2) years of workers compensation, risk management claims, or other healthcare related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in data management with proficiency at organizing, analyzing and maintaining data for statistical reporting of incidents and claims.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (ie Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Requires strong writing, communication and listening skills.
- Knowledge of interviewing and investigation techniques is preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to take initiative and think independently.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills/interpersonal interactions skills, promoting positive and effective working relationships with all contacts often in difficult situations.
- Must be able to discreetly work with highly confidential information regarding patient medical care, medical center, and physicians.
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with limited supervision while adhering to deadlines and maintaining accuracy.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (28A) $24.98 - $37.47