RN Admissions Coordinator Psych
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Intake
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Psychiatric Care Management and Admission, the RN Admissions Coordinator is responsible for house-wide patient throughput. This will include responding to inquiry calls from patients, family members, and referral sources and facilitating an appropriate disposition, which may include admission to the inpatient psychiatric program at Valleywise Health or referral to other programs and services. The position works closely with nursing leadership, physicians, patient registration, legal services, and payor representatives.
Hourly Pay Range: $34.15 - $50.37
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Requires two (2) years of experience as either an RN in a psychiatric setting or doing psychiatric patient admissions, or a combination of two years of RN and psychiatric patient admissions experience.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license, temporary AZ RN license, or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32 and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with the court-ordered process for mental health treatment in the State of Arizona and must be able to facilitate informed consent for individuals seeking voluntary admission to an inpatient psychiatric program.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
- Strong knowledge of community behavioral health resources is needed.