RN Behavioral Health Leader
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Unit 1 - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This facility offers care for those who have been hospitalized for mental health struggles and creates a safe space for healing, empowerment and recovery to take place. Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager or designee, this position supervises, assesses plans, coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates patient care and staff development. The CRL provides comprehensive care for all patients. The CRL demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers. The CRL is a leader and resource within the department and within his/ her independent unit will ensure daily operations reflect compliance with organizational and departmental goals, mission, vision, and values.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience relevant to the patient populations and/or scope of practice. Demonstrated leadership ability is a plus.
- De-escalation techniques.
- Must posses a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months and must be renewed annually thereafter.
- CPI certification also required and will require annual renewal.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills is preferred.
- Requires effective communication skills. Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.